Emily Lenard has worked with Dr. Lenze conducting research since August of 2010. During that time, she has worked on over a half dozen research studies involving older adults, including coordination of the recently completed Optimum Study for older adults with treatment-resistant depression. Emily facilitates the Health Education groups in the MEDEX studies. Emily works to develop and deliver a patient centered intervention for older adults undergoing surgery with the Center for Perioperative Mental Health.
- Bachelor of Arts, Hendrix College, Psychology
- Masters in Social Work, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St. Louis
- Ercal B, Rodebaugh TL, Bland MD, Barco P, Lenard E, Lang CE, Miller JP, Yingling M, Lenze EJ. Executive Function Moderates Functional Outcomes of Engagement Strategies During Rehabilitation in Older Adults. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2021 Jul 1;100(7):635-642. doi: 10.1097/PHM.0000000000001739. PMID: 34131093; PMCID: PMC8260037.
- Hamm ME, Brown PJ, Karp JF, Lenard E, Cameron F, Dawdani A, Lavretsky H, Miller JP, Mulsant BH, Pham VT, Reynolds CF, Roose SP, Lenze EJ. Experiences of American Older Adults with Pre-existing Depression During the Beginnings of the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Multicity, Mixed-Methods Study. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2020 Sep;28(9):924-932. doi: 10.1016/j.jagp.2020.06.013. Epub 2020 Jun 20. PMID: 32682619; PMCID: PMC7305766.
- Bland MD, Barco P, Lang CE, Lenard E, Kallmi S, Pennock S, Lenze EJ. Activity Level and Intensity of Older Adults in Skilled Nursing Rehabilitation Measured via Actigraphy. J Geriatr Phys Ther. 2020 Jan 30. doi: 10.1519/JPT.0000000000000259. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32004240.
- Cristancho P, Lenard E, Lenze EJ, Miller JP, Brown PJ, Roose SP, Montes-Garcia C, Blumberger DM, Mulsant BH, Lavretsky H, Rollman BL, Reynolds CF 3rd, Karp JF. Optimizing Outcomes of Treatment-Resistant Depression in Older Adults (OPTIMUM): Study Design and Treatment Characteristics of the First 396 Participants Randomized. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2019 Oct;27(10):1138-1152. doi: 10.1016/j.jagp.2019.04.005. Epub 2019 Apr 23. PMID: 31147244.
- Lenze EJ, Lenard E, Bland M, Barco P, Miller JP, Yingling M, Lang CE, Morrow-Howell N, Baum CM, Binder EF, Rodebaugh TL. Effect of Enhanced Medical Rehabilitation on Functional Recovery in Older Adults Receiving Skilled Nursing Care After Acute Rehabilitation: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Netw Open. 2019 Jul 3;2(7):e198199. doi: 10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2019.8199. PMID: 31365113; PMCID: PMC6669784.
- Bland MD, Birkenmeier RL, Barco P, Lenard E, Lang CE, Lenze EJ. Enhanced Medical Rehabilitation: Effectiveness of a clinical training model. NeuroRehabilitation. 2016 Oct 14;39(4):481-498. doi: 10.3233/NRE-161380. PMID: 27689608; PMCID: PMC5555367.